Saturday, January 03, 2009

Still alive....

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year,.....I know I'm once again behind in my blogging, but don't worry, we Rausch's are still here and alive.  2008 ended wonderfully for us, and 2009 already has the beginnings of a great year. 

Christmas came and went quickly in our house.  I had to work Christmas this year, (if you can find me a hospital that closes on weekends and holidays, I want to work there) so we spent a lot of time in the car traveling to and from Christmas parties, usually with me asleep in the passenger seat.  My parents and grandmother came down the weekend before Christmas to celebrate and we had 2 great days of fun.  My parents just purchased a new flat screen TV, so Justin and I bought them their first DVD player.  After a few teaching sessions, (no Mom, you don't have to rewind :) ) they are enjoying their new technology.  

We spent the 27th with Justin's family, enjoying watching our niece and nephews tearing open their presents.  I miss being a kid at Christmas, the complete and utter joy is so fun to watch.  We had a great day of food and family with the Rausch's.  I received a sewing book, and the new Britney Spear's CD (gotta get ready for the concert in April!) and Justin received tons of fishing supplies. 

We also celebrated my birthday on the 28th with my parents.  We went out to eat and to see Marley and me.  Good movie, very funny, but be prepared to shed a few tears, especially if you had a pet as a kid.  We definitely enjoyed it though.  My parents bought me a new sewing machine, (pics soon to be posted at www.sewinginthepurpleroom.blogspot.com  and Justin is outfitting me with organization for my sewing room. He made me a huge new table for my sewing machine for Christmas, and I can't wait to put everything to use.  

I've enjoyed reading about everyone's Christmas, and we wish you all a very Happy and healthy 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I'm a crappy friend and totally spaced your birthday. Sounds like it was a good one! Love you both and Happy Belated Birthday!

TKL said...

Glad you had a great holiday and birthday! Can't wait to see pictres of the table, I bet it is so cool.