Monday, May 24, 2010

Girls weekend

This weekend, Betsy and I drove our boys up to Michigan to see Megan and "Sprout." It was great to get together, and talk about making babies, growing babies, and having babies. It makes me smile to see how much the three of us have grown together since college. Our old discussions in college revolved around AXO, and SAE, and if anyone wanted to go get a "Ricker Pop." This weekend, we discussed Braxton hicks, breastfeeding, but still found time to get a "Big Gulp." Instead of spending our Saturday drinking, or going to Puerta for Mexican food, we spent our day garage sale-ing, and got super excited for lunch at the local Hot Dog stand. (DELICIOUS!!) Our Saturday afternoon naps on the couch were due to exhaustion from waking up with Sam and Owen at 7am, instead of napping to get ready for an evening of partying. As I sit here typing this, I think about how far we've come since those crazy college girls. Crazy enough, we all married our college (and high school) sweethearts, and are all moms. If I could go back and tell those girls to change anything, I can't think of a single thing I would change. I think we've all grown into the wife, mom, and person that we wanted to be.

We look like we've done well don't we??
IMG_2652

Thanks for a great weekend girls. Love you!

3 comments:

Steven and Megan Woods said...

Way to make the pregnant woman tear up! :) That was a great weekend. I can't wait until our July get-together.

Anonymous said...

Love you too! It was a great weekend! And thanks for giving me my first official cry of the day. This pic turned out great! I love it!

The Greenes said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE this post! How funny I could say the EXACT same things about some of my fave AXO girls as well. The Ricker Pop cracked me up b/c we still have to get those anytime I visit them in Indy.