Monday, January 19, 2009

Flowers for Day Shift


I awoke from sleep after my last night shift to find these beauties in my kitchen. What a thoughtful husband I have!

How's day shift going you ask? Pretty good so far. The night before my first shift, I hardly slept at all, woke up every hour, and threw up twice. (True Karla style....would you have expected any less?) Once arriving at work for my first day shift, I wondered what I had been so nervous about. Yeah, it sucks getting up at 530am, but Justin said it best....."Kar, you look and act like a new person." I'm more awake when I get home, and I don't feel like I've been run over by a train. The positives to working day shift outweigh the negatives. So, I've told my boss that I will be staying on day shift for the time being, with the option to switch back to nights if I ever want to. The work day seems to go by quicker than it did on nights. I've already been able to see some procedures that are never done on nights, which has been fun. As for day shift being busier than nights.....I don't really think it is. There are definitely more people around, which I think gives the illusion of being busy.
I have been getting pretty frequent headaches, which I think is just my body's way of saying, "What the heck is going on....why aren't we sleeping all the time!?" I do miss my sleep, but I think I'll adjust pretty quick!

I'm also very behind in my blogging.....I hope to catch up over the next week. Be on the look out!

1 comment:

Mike & Biz said...

Hooray! I'm so glad it's going well!!