Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Paper Free by '09

Yes, that's my goal....to be Paper Free in the kitchen by 2009. What does that mean? No more paper towel, or paper napkins. I'm starting to see how big a waste it is to clean up a little spill with a paper towel, or wipe my hands/face with a paper napkin for one meal, and then just throw it in the trash can! We've already started phasing out the napkins and have started using cloth napkins. They can be used for lunch and dinner, and then just toss in the wash with the rest of the towels. I found some for $0.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond, and I also happen to have 35 brown napkins that I purchased at Pier 1 for our wedding 2 years ago! Surprisingly, Justin is on board too, he thinks its a great idea.

Do you have any "Green" goals for yourself?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you like your new Fiesta placemats and napkins. Love, Mom