Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day success!

I had a lot of fun decorating for Valentine's Day this year. Since I'm on maternity leave, I wanted the day to be special for Sam. It was nice to wake up and have something new and different to do besides playing choo-choos or race cars.

I decorated the kitchen table area the night before. Justin brought home some construction paper from school, and I bought the table cloth at Michaels for $1.99. (note: my pretty orchid that Justin and Sam bought me! Such sweet Valentine's!)
2012 02 13_Valentine's table_0066_edited-1

Sam wasn't quite sure about all the decorations when we first came down the stairs Valentine's morning (he was still pretty sleepy), but he warmed up quickly and liked to point out all the hearts on the windows.
2012 02 13_Valentine's table_0067_edited-1

He was pretty excited about his M&Ms, and Lightening McQueen bath towel from Justin and I. We also saved his Valentine's cards from the grandparents for him to open Valentine's morning. Everyone did great with their card selection, he loved the planes, and the trains! :)

Valentine's breakfast consisted of heart shaped pancakes, and yogurt!
2012 02 13Valentinesbreakfast.jpg

Justin came home for lunch, and Sam helped me make his Valentine card, and heart shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Sam also thought he and Daddy needed a pickle for lunch as well. I had made heart shaped brownies the night before for dessert!
2012 02 14Valentines lunch.jpg

I had a lot of fun making the day special for Sam, and I think he enjoyed the day too. Something simple and easy and rewarded by big smiles! :)

Molly had a First Valentine's Day shirt that she wore, and I of course forgot to take her picture. She was sleeping so quietly in her swing! 2nd child syndrome!

1 comment:

Kelli Z. said...

You're such a sweet mom. Those brownies look delicious! :)