Monday, September 20, 2010

10 months old today!

My little Sammy was 10 months old today! I can't believe we've made it to double digits!
IMG_5269

I think this last month has been the month with the most change for him. He's losing his baby fat, and becoming a longer and leaner little boy. Weighing in at over 21 lbs 5 oz, he's wearing 12 months clothes, and size 4 diapers. His hair is thicker, and getting longer, and he has his 3rd tooth coming in. (Top front left)

We officially have a walker on our hands, as we now spend more of our day standing and walking than we do crawling. He likes to hold my hand and walk around the house with me, and has grown from only walking to Justin or I, to walking to pick up toys, both near and across the living room. He also is a climber. He can climb up onto the fireplace, and can also make it to the top of the stairs almost faster than I can.

We're working on adding more table foods and less baby foods into his diet. He has recently enjoyed pancakes, grapes, and his favorite: cresent rolls. He's mastered his sippy cup.

Last month, we worked on getting Sam to sleep through the night without needing to nurse. We went cold turkey and let him cry when he would wake up at night. After 3 nights with only 10 minutes of crying each time, we now sleep through the night every night. It's been wonderful for Sam, Mom and Dad. He goes down around 8:30pm and sleeps till about 7am.

He's really started talking more the last few days. We've been hearing more of the "ba," "da," and "ma" sounds. He will say "momma" and "dada" from time to time, but it is not directed at Justin or I. Though that doesn't make it any less special. This new babbling is more in a little boy voice, rather than his loud scream voice.

Also, we have decided that Sam knows he's funny. He intentionally does stuff with the sole purpose of getting a laugh. Not surprising, considering how funny his mom and dad are! ;)

I can't believe that I'm already planning Sammy's first birthday party! Where has the last year gone??

3 comments:

Kathy said...

aw :) So glad you're all getting some rest!!!! He's getting so big! He's so cute!

Anonymous said...

YEAH for sleeping through the night! He looks so much like YOU, Miss Karla Jo, in this picture. I can't believe it's birthday planning time already. Love and miss you all! Call me! We'd like to come down and have you shoot us... for engagement pictures, that is. ha!

B

James, Caitlin and Ella said...

I know and agree to everything in this post! Ella refuses to eat any baby food at all now. She is saying mom and dada and we believe she is talking to us, even though she is not quite yet. The whole planning a birthday party thing, I know, I can't believe it has almost been a year! Good suggestion on the sleeping through the night. Every once in awhile she still wakes up around 3 or 4. I am trying not to feed her then too. Gotta be strong I guess huh? He is beautiful Karla. Absolutely perfect