Too funny that Heather posted a name post today when I was planning on doing one too! Our problem is a little different than Heather's. We had names picked out, (but weren't telling) but now, we don't know if we like them anymore. Justin and I were laying around the house last night throwing out names, and looking online at BabyName websites. It's so hard to pick out the name of your child, knowing they will be that name for their whole life. I was telling Justin that I think babies should come with their names, ala Cabbage Patch Dolls. You birth the baby, and attached to the arm/leg/cord is their birth certificate announcing that their name is Olivia Jane, or Daniel John, etc. How much easier would that be???
Ok, vent over....:)
more posts of actual interest coming tomorrow.....
3 comments:
I love it! hahah It is SUCH a tough decision! We picked out "Anabelle" in December, but I couldn't commit to it until March! It's a huge commitment! But I'm sure you'll pick a wonderful one and will feel great about it when baby Rausch is here!
We completely disagreed on names for Rylan. We wanted to have a name by the time we found out the sex so we could start calling him/her by name right away. It was like RIGHT before the big u/s, Brian was perusing Babynames.com and just said "What about Rylan?" SOLD! It was the first name he suggested that I actually liked too, so that is how we named our son. ha! We've been discussing the non-existant Baby #2 pretty much since Rylan came...and we are no closer to a decision. It is a very hard (but fun) thing to do!! You have an easy last name to work with...I'm jealous! ha!! I'm confident you guys will come up with something really cute and that will fit your little one just right.
It's tough -- we had picked out Kelly Jo for Karen but after a weekend of hanging out with friends and having people rub my belly and call her Kelly Jo, I was sick of the name. And as you know, Christopher was Nathan Jeremy until the nurse asked me for his name for the birth certificate. I said Christopher William, and that was it. Good luck!
Post a Comment