Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baby Updates

This past Friday, I went to another kids clothing sale at the county fair grounds. It was pretty packed, but I had a great time searching through racks of clothing for "gender neutrals" for Baby Rausch. Here are the clothing purchases I've made so far. A Halo Sleep sack, Fleece bear bunting outfit, "Santa's helper" Christmas onesie, and a turtle sleep sack. It's been fun to make a few purchases here and there to get ready for the baby!!

My parents purchased our Stroller/Carseat for us as a shower gift, and left it at our house rather than haul it home to just haul it back here, etc. While I haven't had my shower yet, Justin and I couldn't stand it anymore, and put it together the other night. Thanks Mom and Dad! It's awesome!! :)

I keep forgetting to take a picture of myself at 30 weeks, but I thought I'd update my answers on the pregnancy questions I filled out a few weeks ago.

How far along? 30 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain: 24 lbs

Maternity clothes? Yes, and unfortunetely, I have to span the coarse of multiple weather season's while being pregnant. I'm really trying to not spend much more money on clothes, since I'm only going to wear them for 2 more months. My new favorite find for clothes....??? my husbands closet :) sorry Justin!

Sleep: pretty well still. Get up once or twice a night to pee, but usually after a day of work, I pass out pretty hard for the night.

Movement: Tons! and I thought I had a lot of movement at 25 weeks. Baby Rausch is all over the place!

Labor Signs: Nope!

Food Cravings: not really, I do enjoy a good pickle now and then, but while I never thought I'd say this...I'm getting tired of eating. I feel like I do it a lot, or I'm thinking about it a lot because I'm trying to take care of the baby. I used to skip breakfast, or sometimes lunch when I'm at home by myself but not anymore!

What I am looking forward to: Fall weather.....I love fall!!

Stretch marks: none, and thank you mom. Contrary to popular belief, stretch marks are genetic and there's no way to stop them. My mom didn't get any, and I haven't gotten any. Awesome!

Weekly Wisdom: Get your flu shot!! I got mine!! Don't make me climb up on my soap box any more than that please....

Milestones: Passed my glucose tolerance test with a score of 91. Pretty darn impressive if I do say so myself. I tell everyone! :)

Weekly funny: I was carrying my styrofoam (I know, gasp!) glass of water at work the other day, and ran it into the corner of the countertop. The cup was busted and water went everywhere. I proceeded to exclaim, "Oh no, my water broke!", and as you can imagine, the nurses station came to a halt. I had to clarify that my water glass broke. It was pretty funny as you can imagine.

1 comment:

The Van Vactor family said...

cute carseat/stroller Karla!! You will love the sleep sacks! Good luck! counting down the weeks!!