Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Green Tip Tuesday

I have gotten away from my Green Tips, but thought it was time to start posting them again!

"Green" Fabric Softner

1/2 cup of Vinegar
few drops of essential oils


How easy is that? Fabric softner can be expensive, and has lots of unknown chemicals, and dryer sheets can coat your lint trap, and possibly cause a house fire. So, to eliminate those two unneeded laundry helpers, I buy the large jug of Vinegar ($2) and add 1/2 cup to the liquid fabric softner cup in the washer. I also just add a few drops of essential oils (available at Whole Foods, or you can use Candle making scents available at Michaels) to help rid of the vinegar smell. Plus, using oils make your whole laundry room smell good!!

Our clothes come out soft, and static free!! Plus, we save money, and the environment!!

No comments: