Monday, February 23, 2009

Valentine's Getaway

As our Valentine's present to each other, Justin and I decided to "get away" and stay downtown in Indianapolis. My cousin Chris's band 40% Steve played at Howl at the Moon on Friday night, so we met Karen and her husband Matt at Howl at the Moon, and had a great time listening to the band, and chatting.
Justin and I

Karen and I

After a fun night at the bar, Justin and I stayed at the Hampton Inn, downtown. It was really nice. Valentine's morning, we woke up, had breakfast and walked around downtown Indy. I was hoping that the Pan American center would have public skating in the morning, but unfortunately, the skating didn't open till the afternoon. What we did find was even better.....yes Pee-Wee hockey! Those that know me well, know my love for hockey, and more specifically, the Mighty Ducks movies. So, Justin and I watched the hockey game for awhile. After we grew tired of watching kids we didn't know (ha!) we continued our walk downtown to where the old RCA dome used to be. We had watched the implosion on TV, but it was interesting to see how much rubble still remained. Here's a pic of the rubble, with Lucas Oil in the background.
The rest of the day was spent walking downtown, having lunch out, and getting lost in bookstores. It was a wonderful relaxing weekend spent with my valentine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Love ya lots, Mom

Mike & Biz said...

You know you're old when you go to Howl at the Moon to "chat." :) Glad you guys got away! That's so important!!