Sunday, July 06, 2008

Why we love where we live!

It was just released this week that Forbes Magazine has named Hamilton County Indiana as the best place to raise a family in the United States. This decision was based largely on the school systems and the reasonable cost of living. Of course, we completely agree that the school systems are great, but we didn't need a magazine to tell us why we love living where we do.
Our town has that great small town feel, but close enough to the city for entertainment. We love our neighborhood, and visitors to our house often are shocked by how quiet it is. In the summers, we still love to see the Hot Air Balloons that fly directly over our house. Some nights we will see 2-3, and I just love them.
Justin and I are reminded daily how lucky we are, and how much we love our life. We never would have guessed how great everything would turn out when we were 17 and high school sweethearts!

The Forbes Magazine article got us thinking, even if Hamilton County hadn't been ranked number 1, we still think it's great. Do you have favorite things about your town? Why do you love where you live??

1 comment:

Steven and Megan Woods said...

We haven't lived in Kalamazoo for long (and we won't live here much longer for work reasons) but I must say it's a super neat town. It's big enough to have a festival every weekend, but small enough that you don't have to fight traffic. PLUS it's always fun to see reactions when I say I live in Kalamazoo. They either say, "How do you spell that?" or, "Is that a real place?"