Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Donate Life!

This past week, I had the opportunity to work with an IOPO nurse (http://www.iopo.org/) for an evening. IOPO stands for the Indiana Organ Procurement Organization, and they work to match organ donors with people who are in need of an organ transplant. It was an amazing opportunity for me, and I was able to witness the inner workings of the system, and see the hundreds of thousands of people out there waiting for an organ transplant.




I very rarely talk about work on our blog, but I'm taking a moment to step on my soapbox. Organ donation is something that people never want to talk about, because it means talking about death. But, one person has the opportunity to save over 8 lives with Organ/Tissue donation. I encourage you to talk with your families, parents, husbands, wives and find out their wishes for organ donation, or medical preferences in general. I cannot stress the importance of it enough.

1 comment:

thegroves said...

I completely agree! I mean, what are you going to do with them after you're dead? I'm donating 100% of me. My spirit will be in Heaven, and I have no need to let my body rot in the ground, when it can help save a life! Good post! I like soapboxes.