Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's great to be a nurse!!!

Yes, it's Tuesday night at 6:55pm on my scheduled night of work. And, where am I??? Sitting on my couch, in my cozy living room updating the blog while watching Friends, and the hubs naps on the couch. Yes, that's right, I got called off work... I get to spend the evening at home, and I'm getting paid for it!! WOOHOO!! My boss called tonight and informed me that we only had 21 patients on the unit (we usually run 38-40 pts) and they wanted to know if I wanted the night off!! Mind you, in 2 years, this is the first time this opportunity has come up, so I ran with it and I'm staying home! Praise the lord for Paid Days Off!!

Finally, I'm getting to update the blog, and what's been going on with us. We had a great weekend, full of friends and family. Friday, I spent the day with Amy at her apartment getting ready for her sisters baby shower. We made a fruit "edible" arrangement, and hung wedding pictures on her walls. It was a great day full of lots of laughter. Friday night the laughter continued while out to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse with friends Ashley and Casey. They are expecting their first child in early September, and just found out they are having a girl!! We were very excited for them!!

Saturday, Megan came to our house and helped me cook and clean for my family get together on Sunday. It was great to hang out....I introduced her to The Fresh Market and all it's wonders!! We went out to dinner at Macaroni Grill, and anxiously waited for "The Call" from Betsy!

Sunday morning, the call came!! Betsy's water broke, and baby Retherford was on the way!! I don't want to spoil Betsy's announcement, so watch for updates on The Retherfords blog!!!

Sunday, my mom's family was in town and at my house for a Mexican Fiesta!! We had a great time playing with my cousin's children outside. Watch the blog for pic updates!

Monday, Justin had the day off from school, and we spent the day running errands and getting new cable and internet. For those anxiously waiting the review (matt :) ) here it is....AT&T U-Verse cable and internet is AWESOME!! Crystal clear picture, super fast internet, and DVR, which I'm not sure how I survived without. While watching DWTS on Monday, we were able to rewind television to see Cristian's arm injury. Pretty cool!!!

So, basically, it's been a great weekend!! I'm off to make dinner, and spend time with my hubs on the night off!!

No comments: