About 20 minutes ago, the wind was whipping the wreath, and garland around against the front door. Justin decided that he couldn't take the noise and went to go take down the garland and wreath. Well, a bird had made his home in the wreath on the front door, and when the door was opened, in came the bird. It was absolutely hilarious trying to get the poor sparrow out of our house! We had the front door and the back sliding door open, and Justin and I spent 3 minutes chasing this poor bird around our house with magazines and cardboard. I wish it had been videotaped, because I'm sure we looked ridiculous. Unfortunetely, the bird hit his poor head on the ceiling and started bleeding sometime when he first arrived in our house. While he continued to fly around, he continued hitting his head on the ceiling, leaving 18 bloody streaks on our white ceiling. Fortunetly, the bird found his way out, but he was dazed and confused. I'm not sure he is going to make it through this ordeal, but if he does, he'll have a story to tell his friends, just like we do. :)
Here is some photographic evidence of our encounter with the Sparrow. What a night!!

Note the feathers in the picture above??? Poor birdy!
2 comments:
I love how you put the blood pictures on here...complete with feather debris. Just in case we thought you made the crazy story up!! HAHA! I'm getting you a video camera so we can get video of the chase if it happens again!
Toooooo funny! At least you didn't throw a hammer at it. :) I'll see you in 3 1/2 weeks. Glad you all made it out of the wild 3 minutes alive.
Post a Comment